Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Eleventh Hour

Eleven Months Old! Our boys next picture in the big chair is going to be their One YEAR photo. I can't believe how fast the time has passed. In iPhoto, there is a setting that lets you see the last year of pictures. At this time last year, I was very pregnant, and now just a short time later, my sweet babies are climbing, crawling, and all but walking around the house. I have enjoyed every single second of it. My mom told me when I was pregnant that every age of your children was the best age. I didn't really understand what she meant until now. I loved the cuddly baby phase, but I'm also deeply happy with the open-mouth kiss phase. Of course, I can't seem to get James to give me kisses, but my love monkey Michael and my cuddle bug Ryan are all about the slobbery kisses. I'm sure that James will come around soon, but he's just too busy to stop for lovin'.
Tragically, this is probably the best photo I have for this month. The boys were very active and there was an unfortunate spill and a couple of brotherly tackles to keep us hopping. We took the picture right before we dropped Daddy off at the airport. While Bob was gone this time, I'm pretty sure Ryan spoke his first sentence. Bob called the house, and I said "it's Daddy." When I put him on speaker phone to talk to the boys, I swear that Ryan said, "it's Daddy." That boy is a genius. As are his older brothers. James's favorite thing to do is push the cute little walkers that Patricia gave us. He screams with joy while he's moving, but when he runs into immoveable objects, he screams in outrage. I have started walking his route with him to facilitate the joyful noises and limit the outrage, and now he stops to look at me, as if to say, "where do you want to go now, Mommy?" Michael is so sweet, but he does have quite a set of teeth he likes to show off. Somehow, my boobs and his brothers' heads seem to be his favorite victims. Michael LOVES hair. I can't begin to describe his obsession with the silky strands. He fondles his own hair while he drinks his bottle, he caresses my hair (which is always tightly strapped to my head in protection), and if I leave my hair down, he trills with delight. All three of my boys are just absolutely amazing. I can't imagine how my life would be without them, no matter how hard I have to work to keep up with them.
James tries to offer aid and comfort to his baby brother while Michael just wants to get this photo done and get back to playing.
Ryan was not up for a picture session. He jumped off the chair and bumped his head, thus putting him in a somewhat unhappy state.
Michael enjoys getting James in a headlock. Unfortunately, Dr. Teeth seems to really enjoy the chomp. Although I think he gets a little of it back as I discovered some definite Ryan teeth marks on his arm after bath time today.
James, "Come on Michael, let me just show you this one wrestling move I learned. I promise it's a good one."
James loves to talk - usually loudly and quite vociferously. I can't even begin to describe how much I love his open mouth photos. It's the one sign that this mini-Bob shares some genes with his mamma.
The face of an angel, the head grab/bite move of a ninja.
Ryan makes a move for the ground as he declares that this photo session is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment