Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Baby, I'm Back!


At the doctor's office.

Yesterday, the boys had their one month doctor's appointment, so Bob and I loaded up the suburban and took the family back to Grapevine. It was our first outing with the boys, and it took MUCH longer to leave the house than I thought. It probably would have gone more smoothly if I had gotten up earlier, but that seems to be the story of my entire life. Since we have switched from feeding every three hours to every four hours, we now start the round of eating at 9 which meant that Ryan finished up at 10:30 - the time we needed to leave the house to make it to the appointment on time. I ran very quickly to change my clothes and pack the diaper bag with essentials while Bob adjusted the straps on the car seats since we hadn't had the boys in there since Michael left the NICU. I hopped in the car, we pulled out of the driveway, and I realized that I forgot to grab baby blankets, but being in Texas in July, I thought, "no problem, they'll be okay." Bad mommy. I forgot about air conditioning, and when I ask you, when in the history of Texas has there been a day in July that was in the 70s? Oops.


James waiting for the doctor, patiently.


Super Ryan!


Mikey hanging out in the waiting room.

The visit to the doctor went very well. Everyone is getting so big! James is 6 lbs 6 oz, which puts him in the 3rd percentile for growth (Dr. G was very excited by this). He has a really big hernia in his belly button, so we are going to see the pediatric surgeon on Monday. Michael is 8 lbs 10 oz and is doing exceptionally well. He has started to projectile vomit which freaks me out. Thankfully, he only does this occasionally. I burst into tears the first time he did it - pretty scary stuff for a mom. Ryan is also doing well. I think he's overtaken Michael as the "moose." He is 8 lbs 15 oz. I can't believe my baby is almost 9 lbs. He is eating 4 1/2 oz a feeding, and Dr. G was really impressed at how well he is doing.

Dr. G's office is across the hall from Graham and Payne's, so we had to stop by and say hello. It was wonderful to see the girls. Pam was there, and she was my crying buddy - every time something a bit startling happened like getting put in the hospital, on bedrest, or begging to be put out of my misery and deliver, Pam would cry with me. It's good to have a crying buddy. Bob was very impressed that all of the ladies did the mommy sway at the same time. He took a video of the rocking. Ryan did a little work with Tamara - nothing wrong with a little child labor.


A baby for everyone!



The Sway.


Ryan hard at work.

After we left Graham & Payne's, we tried to stop by Dr. Clark's but his office was closed for lunch. Of course no trip to Baylor would be complete without a stop by the second floor. Melinda and Shelly were at the desk, so we wheeled the boys up for a visit. Only Ryan was awake, so he got all the lovin' attention. It was great to see them. We also stopped by the NICU to say hello.



By the time we headed back home, it was around 2, and we had missed the 1 pm feeding. The ride home was pretty smooth after James and Ryan had a little snack (Mike had a snack at the doctor's). It was a pretty great outing although it lasted a little longer than anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment