Friday, July 10, 2009

Hopefully Today is Another Milestone Day For Us

It appears that our little guy, James will come home today after spending 16 days in the NICU. We should hear from the doctor in an hour or two to confirm that today is the day. James has been shoving his bottles down like a champ. He's supposed to eat 35 ml in 30 minutes each feeding and he's been taking between 40 and 50 in about 15 minutes. If he kept that up overnight the Doc will let us take him about lunch time today. The only other thing that could delay it is if the doc decides he is big enough (he just hit the 4 lb mark) for his circumcision today, he may have to stay a bit to make sure everything is ok. Although they did Ryan's in the morning and we were able to take him home around lunch, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I went on my first business trip in 3 months this week. I had stayed close to home when Angela went on bed rest and as a traveling sales guy by trade it was time to get out and hit the pavement again. It was odd leaving the family but the timing couldn't have been better. I got home last night and was able to run by the hospital for a feeding. I was able to go by Wednesday morning before my flight out, so my streak of 78 consecutive days visiting Baylor Hospital is alive!

We'll have to wait to talk to the doctor but that streak might be about to end. In the last day Michael has decided he wasn't going to be left behind and he had a streak of 12 consecutive bottles finished. If he kept that up overnight he will be put on the discharge train and could come home Saturday or Sunday.

Wow!

I'd be lying if I told you I thought they'd all be home in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm not counting chickens yet but here's hoping the boys did well overnight.

Oh, one weird thing about being on the road Wednesday night. I went to sleep at about 9:15 which is way early for me but I did wake up for my normal feeding shift. I thought that was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment