Friday, May 1, 2009

Progress Report Time

As our first week of hospital bed rest came to a close, Bob and I seem to have made some progress around this joint. Yesterday, Bob finished the dresser Melanie gave us, and it looks great. He said this one was much easier than the tall dresser which gave him fits. He sent me pictures, and the dresser looks great. I can't wait to see it in one of our two nursery rooms. Today, Daddy is going to the Home Depot to purchase two shades of paint for the nursery rooms. Our wonderful friend Melanie and her buddy are going to paint the rooms for us. We are so grateful to them. Since I haven't been able to go up the stairs in weeks and now I'm glued to this hospital bed, I figure the whole nursery is going to be a surprise for me.

Last night, Bob and I hosted a mini-birthday celebration for my cousin Amy who has reached the first of the unpleasant birthdays. (The one where you stop counting). It was nice to have her over and poor Bob was such a trooper as he sat in the room while we watched America's Next Top Model (I'm sure he's counting down the minutes until that show is over for the season). Since our scan days are Tuesday and Friday, my dad stopped by the house last night and let the pooches out to take care of business so that Bob could stay here. This meant another night on the tiny bed of torture. Bob is such a good sport because I KNOW (from staying with Beth) that those chair beds are about as comfortable as a bed of rocks. This morning, they came and wheeled me out to the scan room - which is quite a treat since it's the only time I get to see something other than this lovely room I've been placed in. Not only is it a ride out and about, but it is an opportunity to see the other ladies who are waiting for their scans. Most of them are here with twin babies, and apparently our reputation has made the rounds as I am referred to as "the one they told us about who has triplets." I guess even on bed rest, triplets are a novelty.

At 7 a.m., we saw Dr. Payne and he measured the boys. They are all looking good with lots of fluid in their sacs, and they are all over 2 lbs. Baby A is 2 lbs 3 oz, Baby B is 2 lbs 5 oz, and Baby C is 2 lbs 4 oz - this makes me feel good about the two pounds I've gained since being in the hospital - hopefully it's all their weight and not mine. :) Although, there are some very tasty cookies that make their way to my room everyday. Speaking of food, surprisingly, I have been less than hungry. Apparently my turb pump's constant drip into my leg makes me feel yucky and in turn, I don't really feel like eating (which for this large and in charge lady is almost a miracle). The shakes associated with the medicine seem to be getting better - not great but better, so that's reassuring. Hopefully my body will adjust, and I'll be back to eating and feeling like normal soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment