Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Two for the Road...

It's official, Grandma & Grandpa Newhouse left on Monday morning, and now Bob and I have no safety net. The goodbyes were really hard. Apparently we are a bunch of emotional weaklings. Kathy started crying first, then I cried, then Bob cried, and I'm pretty sure that there was a tear in Jim's eye, too.
Kathy was a wonderful help to us, and I have to say that not only is she my mother-in-law, she's also my friend. I will miss having her around. Now there is no one to enjoy Project Runway with - I guess we'll just have to watch and discuss over the phone. Bob was really amazed at how well we all got along, and it certainly didn't seem like three months.
After our crying bout, Kathy and Jim left quickly (Grandma couldn't handle the short goodbye much less a long one). The boys waved goodbye from the driveway, and we were on our own. For our first day with a two to three ratio, I think it went pretty well. The boys were very well behaved (and very sleepy), and for some reason they took forever to eat. Luckily, they ate at a rate of an hour apart rather than three at a time. It did make for a long day as we fed babies pretty much constantly. The night was a little difficult (probably due to our weekend of excessively late nights), but we made it through albeit with only one eye open.
Sweet Baby James sleeping while he was eating.
Ryan putting his hands in the air and waving them like he just don't care.
Mikey is still a contortionist - even in his sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment