Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Grand Tour

The Newhouse family has returned to Haslet. Thursday night, we spent the evening with Uncle Jud & Aunt Lupita. It was really nice to catch up with them.

On Friday morning, we packed the car, fed the boys, had a projectile vomit (thanks to mom's failure to burp properly), and said goodbye to Grandma & Popo Gejo. I think they might have actually been sad to see babyland load up and head home. We really enjoyed our week with them, and the boys did an excellent job of adapting to the new environment.

We took the scenic route home from Louisiana and made a couple of stops along the way. Our first stop was at Uncle Zach's house. Bob and I were a little apprehensive about parking at his place since the last time we parked a car there it got stolen. Thankfully, after visiting for a couple of hours and feeding the boys, our car was still there when we returned. It was nice to see my brother, and I was thankful that the boys are still too little to be thrown about in the air - I have a feeling we aren't too far from that kind of excitement.

From Zach's house near downtown Houston, we made the trek across town to the Gabriels (on Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend with zero visibility out of the back window - Bob loves my ability to pack 700 things into a 5 hour period with extra challenges along the way). Seeing the Gabriels was definitely worth the traffic. We had a nice meal of fajitas, and the girls loved seeing the boys. They were so excited when we brought the boys upstairs to see their rooms. After dinner for all - boys included - we loaded up and headed home.

Our trip was great, but I sure was happy to pet Emma and put the boys to bed in their room so that they could get a good night's sleep and be well rested for Uncle Stephen's 21st birthday party.

Due to the momentous nature of the 21st birthday, James, Michael, and Ryan purchased some hooch for Uncle Steve. The boys made sure to wear their Ranger gear to Stephen's party, and when we got there, he was sporting some Texas gear as well. Juan and Andrew were good sports and posed with the boys (I told them they were absolutely NOT allowed to corrupt my kids when they turn 21).

After such a busy week, we decided to just hang out a home rather than take the circus to church. The boys slept almost all day and didn't even really wake up to eat or play. All that being cute wears them out. Hopefully the fact that they slept all day doesn't come back to haunt me as I am on for the night shift. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment