Monday, August 10, 2009

We're Movin' On Up

Now that the boys are six weeks old, Bob and I have decided that it's time for them to leave the nest (i.e. our bedroom) and branch out on their own. This meant that we moved all three cribs into the blue room upstairs and put the framed names Carol made for us above their beds. I also hung some things on the wall in the green room. It was kind of fun to "decorate" the nurseries (although I did leave the twin bed in the boys' room as a back up). We are also trying to get the kids to sleep longer during the night, so we are following the advice of some "expert" and put the boys in their room after the 6:30 pm feeding and let them "self-soothe" (i.e. cry) for 5 minutes before attending to their needs. I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy this process, but I think the end will justify the means if I can handle the hands off approach.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe these boys are 6 weeks old now! They are so big and beautiful! We love keeping up with your blog!!! Keep it up!
    Desiree Lester (Baylor L&D/Ante)

    ReplyDelete