Saturday, December 19, 2009

Gold Digger

Momo Campbell is back in town for the holidays. We all wish that she could have brought Popo with her, but I am so proud of her for getting everything on track without him. She is an amazing lady, and I hope that one day when I have great-grandkids, I'm half the woman she is. Grandma has been helping us and really enjoying hanging out with the boys. I need to take more pictures of them all together, but somehow, life seems to get in the way of the photographs. The boys are definitely excited that she's here. I know that the last time couple of times we got to see her, things were crazy, but now, they are getting lots of one-on-one time with each other (along with a little group session from time to time). One thing that Momo has a lot of is fancy gold jewelry. With her shiny gold earrings and necklace (courtesy of Popo - who had exceedingly good taste), James couldn't help but be fascinated (apparently Mikey has a thing for ladies' chests and James has a thing for gold).
Here James makes a play for some bling while Ryan kicks back with his Momo. For some reason, in the last couple of days, Ryan has taken an extreme liking to my mom. He cries any time she tries to put him down. (I'm pretty sure my mom could not be happier about this). The negative side to this sudden affection is that she tried to pass Ryan off to Momo and it hurt his feelings, and he started to cry. Mom had to take Ryan back to get him to calm down. My poor Grandma is suffering from being a victim of the Grandma-Hand-Off, and Ryan occasionally cries when Grandma first gets him. Hopefully this phase will pass quickly.
Success! James finally gets his little hands on some real gold.
My mom has been running my grandma ragged. She's made the poor woman do marathon shopping in uncomfortable shoes. I hear rumors that tomorrow is a day of rest, but knowing my mother as I do, I'm pretty sure she's got 1001 things on a to-do list. Grandma will be staying at Mom's for the next three weeks. I couldn't be happier to have her close by. Tonight, the Saints play the Cowboys. The last time this happened, Bob and I went to the game with my grandparents. It was a glorious night for the Saints, and I'm pretty sure that Grandma was chanting Duce in her sleep that night. I have a feeling that after we watch the game together tonight, Grandma will be chanting Drew in her sleep, much to Bob's chagrin. (Don't tell Bob, he'd be disappointed if he thought I was having disloyal thoughts like that - he's Jessie Jackson's greatest disciple - keep hope alive and Go Cowboys).

No comments:

Post a Comment