Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cribs in da House!



Last week, the cribs we wanted were on sale, and Bob's parents generously gave us all three cribs and the matresses. On Thursday, six huge boxes arrived at our house. This was really the first true sign that our children are going to change our whole world. Those giant boxes just sitting there in the foyer kind of woke us up to the fact that our house which is in no way, shape, or form reflective of the upcoming arrival of our kids, was about to drastically change forever. Bob hauled all but one of the boxes upstairs. I asked him to leave one crib downstairs as we had selected them because they should be easily moveable and can fit through doorways. We are planning on keeping the kids downstairs while they are little all in one crib, so I wanted to make sure said crib could fit up the stairs easily without having to take it apart before the babies came rather than after. Last night, I had a long meeting after work, and Bob took the opportunity to surprise me with a completed crib. I called the house a couple of times, and when I asked him what he was doing his response was always "putzing around the house." Such cryptic responses are not typical of my dear husband, and my suspicious antennae were out in full force. "You're putting together a crib, aren't you?" I exclaimed. The response was a decidedly unenthusiastic, "just come home." As I traipsed through the door, I saw my husband elbow deep in crib parts and couldn't help but be impressed. Bob is not the kind of guy who enjoys putting furniture together, and that he would tackle this project on his own as a surprise to me was so sweet. We finished putting the crib together after consulting the directions several times, and it just looks so beautiful sitting proudly in the living room. This weekend, we'll move the crib upstairs and clear all of the stuff that is in the "nursery" out. I am still wondering how all three cribs are going to fit in that room, but I'm sure it'll all come together at some point (the kids may be out of the house by that time, but you've got to give it a shot, right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment